NLP Academy Forums

New code games and coaching someone through them
Posted: 01 December 2009 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-10-2009

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about coaching someone through a new code game.

One of the things I have been taught and experienced is that the best way to get someone in state is to go into state yourself.

When using the new code games (e.g. NASA and Alphabet) going into state means high performance/no nothing.  When you are in this state you are not consciously aware that you are in this state.  So do you just trust your unconscious to move the client into the context they want difference in.  Because if you wait till you think “ah I’ve just been in state” then due to the high rapport it is likely that they will come out of state at the same time as you.

And that has raised another question for me.  Without a linguistic map (F2) there is still consciousness, so consciousness thought must be happening at FA. Or is it called something else there (limbic systems and all that malarkey)

Anyone got any clarification for a curious mind.

Many thanks

James

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 05 December 2009 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

James

Welcome to the forum, your question is very good.

I have a high performance state as coach that I enter when coaching. The state is not quite know nothing.  I am calibrating and making judgments similar to how you might in sports. From this state I calibrate the player

There is subtle difference in high peformance states and a know nothing state. The term is often used interchangeably. 

FA is without words but you can still be conscious at FA particularly in the kinaesthetic system
All the best

Michael

Posted: 06 December 2009 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  20-09-2009
Michael Carroll - 05 December 2009 02:53 AM

There is subtle difference in high peformance states and a know nothing state. The term is often used interchangeably. 

There’s a question I’d love to ask. I can think of experiences that may have been a high performance state, know nothing state, or stopping the world state as described in ‘turtles all the way down’. What are the subtle differences that separate the states, particularly the differences that separate the first two from a stopping the world state?

Posted: 11 January 2010 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-10-2009

Thanks Michael and Suzy,

Both your answers have been very useful.

I am now just going with flow when coaching someone through these games. I now just move the client into place of difference on the floor.  I don’t think about it at I just find myself doing it. which is great.

Thanks for the help

James

Posted: 24 January 2010 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

James

You wrote - 

I don’t think about it at I just find myself doing it. which is great.

You will fee it, and that is a signal from your unvconscious mind

Michael

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed