NLP Academy Forums

NLP Premier Practitioner, March 2012
Posted: 20 February 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Greetings to everyone involved in the March NLP Premier Practitioner training. I am really looking forward to the course. This course is a truly international experience with people from all over the world attending.

The course is called NLP Premier Practitioner for several reasons. Several years ago we (John, Carmen and myself) wanted to create a course that updated models from classic code of NLP in a way that fits with New Code NLP. We also redesigned several delivery variables. We called it the NLP Premier Practitioner because it was the first time we had done it this way and we figured it was the premier of NLP courses in the business. The results have been amazing, John Grinder says he loves teaching this format and has met some of the best groups he has ever worked with at the Academy.

It’s now 2012, a new experience will unfold and you are part of that experience. I refuse to be complacent and rest on our previous successes. I like to raise my game. We can make it OUR job to create a superb experience for the Premier Practitioner course 2012. After all exceptional people get exceptional results.

As away of getting to know each other, it would be a good idea if you upload a picture here. You can also post a bit about yourself in this thread. Some suggestions are below

a/ your name, if different from your user name
b/ where you are from
c/ what you do in life (hobbies, career, etc)
d// your outcomes from being on the course

You are also welcome to ask me any questions relevant to the course

All the best

Michael

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 22 February 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  22-02-2012

Hi All,

Phil here. I will work on the photo later. I have to say that it is not at all easy to find the way to post. Michael, could you make it a bit easier to find. A note on the page about logging in first would be helpful.

So, I am coming from the US, not sure that I can speak the language correctly but I will certainly try. Getting the “r” sound right is a bit of a challenge. wink

What do I do in life? How existential do you want us to be here? My greatest hobby is learning how people grow and learn, thus the NLP Premier Practitioner course. What I do for money is work as a rocket scientist.

Outcomes desires aren’t really relevant. The journey is the thing. The experience will be what it is and what I make of it will be the challenge.

I saw the smileys button and tried it out but it put in text instead of a smiley. I will try it again here. Let me know how it turns out.

red face

Posted: 23 February 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  20-10-2011

Hey,

Hope everyone is feeling lively. If not, ZAP!
That should do it (You probably felt a cringe - or was that just me reflecting on my over bearing positivity - I am English, can’t be having that now can we).
May be a SLAP! would be better?

Ok, so after much cerebral pontification about the pluses and minuses of investing in an NLP course and whether or not I am being conned I have shopped around the globe on various internet outlets throughout Scandanavia and Eastern Europe and decided to go in with this here NLP Academy.
There are so many courses on this earth. I almost ended up in Hawaii and almost cut short my travels to go back to Amsterdam.
It is indeed a funny and interesting thing to buy into a course on NLP when, if you have done any research etc on the subject, they, the people selling the course, are all supposedly the cutting edge of mind manipulation. Is it irony to be hypnotised into becoming more effective at hypnosis, embedded commands etc?
I mean, I am writing this post because I was told it was a good idea to introduce myself. Well, if it is good I must do it, eh.

So, a little more ego expression, I have waited my whole life to get to this point.
I am 30, I have signed up with this company not just to do the ‘Premier’ course (sounds good doesn’t it) but also ‘Master’ course (well, that sounds even better) and 3 hypnosis courses! My goodness, they have me by the balls!

Well, have you seen the other offers in this industry? Yes, you could go and do a course for c.100 dollars somewhere in the US. Bargain! Yet, how can someone become a master after a weekend? Exactly.
At least if I am being conned then I feel that these guys are the best at it. To meet and learn from John Grinder and other associates of Milton Erikson was key to the sale. What about Bandler? Well, it just didn’t ring right and the websites were naff to say the least. Actually, I would like to know why you guys chose the NLP Academy.

Anyway, so I find myself typing from the library in Trondheim, Norway after having travelled through Scandanavia and every country in Eastern Europe bar Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia and Albania. I have ended up here because the prospects at present are better, way better than in Brighton. I earn more here as a cook than I did as a TEFL teacher there. Plus the women balance out the cold weather. Added to that there are supposedly a lot of musicians here. Yes, I am on the other side of science, I am a rock scientist. A geologist of music! ROCK ON! Here to spread the good spirit and exorcise the doom! O yes. I hope the other guy, when he states that he is a rocket scientist (which is quite funny if you watch cooking programmes with Gordon Ramsay etc, “IT’s not exactly rocket science is it?”) that he is talking about going to outer space and not the science of the militia - although I am sure they are funded by the same power that the paradigm of money is able to buy. I can imagine a few interesting conversations either way.

So, up until now I have got a degree in Social Anthropology with added extras in courses such as ‘Therapeutic Intervention’ and ‘Shamanic Consciousness’, to name the most interesting, and last year, after my band still not taking off like the eagle I so wanted it to fly like (boo hoo) I finally did the introductory course to becoming a counsellor. We studied psychodynamic and person-centred theory but I felt it was not enough. So, I went travelling for a multitude of other reasons and kept coming back to NLP.
I met a ‘master’ in Romania who lent me a book: Provocative Hypnosis.
That book made me stay in Bucharest an extra week.
Apart from that, I had c.40 interviews and even more psychology programmes on my mp3 player that joined me on my 9 month trip (along with the Doors, Metallica, ACDC, Hendrix, Megadeth et al) and a lot of them pointed to NLP. Yes, Jungian, Freudian and Rogerian psychology is enthralling. Why not add a few pinches of Gestalt, Transactional Analysis and CBT? Well, I have and will continue to read and progress until I develop my own integrated psychology but there is something about NLP and hypnosis. And the courses are short in comparison to 2 years to become a counsellor and I am not there yet. I also may continue the development of a couple of books.

Anyway, another time. I got to go because my time at the library is up.

Bye. See you later.

All the best,

Thom

[ Edited: 23 February 2012 03:39 PM by Thomdez ]

Posted: 23 February 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  22-02-2012

Dear Michael,

Thank you for this great idea and initiating this thread.

I am a banker and trainer from Saudi Arabia with extensive experience in developing and delivering training programs on creative thinking, personal effectiveness, project management and quality management.

My most interesting hobby is to communicate with, train people and to see them grow.

I am in continuous search to learn directly from the pioneers in their fields.  This program will defiantly improve my perspectives on NLP and it would be a superb experience.

The main thing I want from this course is to provide me with the fundamentals for understanding myself and other and the means to develop myself and others effectively.  It is a general objective but this is the start of the journey.

See you in 9 days …

Regards,

Husam

Posted: 25 February 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  22-11-2011

Hi

My goal is to become a Life Coach.  I’ve recently discovered I get a huge buzz from helping others get the best for themselves, so I want to learn all the tools I can to enable me to help others in the best way possible.

It’s all very exciting.

Posted: 25 February 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  17-02-2012

Dear all,

my name is Cedric

I was born in Ambilly, France, 1 minute from Geneva and I am a swiss-french guy. I grew up in Geneva and lived the last 10 years in Zurich (switzerland).

I did a carrier in Dominos Pizza Switzerland, from driver to operation & marketing director, over 12 years.

I quit last summer to open my coaching company. I am a hypnotist since 2008 and yoga teacher since 2011. I use both of them in my methodology, as well management and meditation. NLP is the last key I miss smile. I practice Wing Chun, Yoga, Meditation, and mainly spend my time finding new ways to get a wider consciousness and structure it for novices. I am one, I don’t have job or hobbies, for me everything is just life. I am a passionate.

I basically move to the “unconscious mind” from 2006 after reading a “flirt book”, “The game”, a real story where neil straus talk about hypnosis and Rossi. Well, here I am now ! (and still single hahaha)

I ve read many books about hypnosis, reframing, mind function, Freud, Jung etc..and love Milton Erickson and his teaching. Through my lectures, I got to know Mister Grinder and Bandler. So this course for me is about making my dream true ( I meet who I read) and surely, getting all the tools I need to be a successful coach, entrepreneur and person !

I have high expectation on this course, and I am convinced that I will be positively surprise !

See you there !

Best Regards,

Cédric

Posted: 26 February 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  26-02-2012

Hi There,

I’m Rita from the Netherlands. I live with my family and brown labradordog in the countryside (somewhere in the midst of Holland). If I was to choose another country to live I would go to Scotland, because of the people, nature and the quiet. In my opinion they are transparent ‘what you see is what you get’ … which I do appreciate. Ofcourse on occasions I would go to Italy, because of the people, the food and drink, culture, language, passion and beautiful weather. But most of all I like a whole variety of things and I do have a huge interest in new stuff.

Sometimes I get bored with things after a few weeks, and move on. Still I have lasting loves. NLP is one of them. I first studied NLP in the Netherlands and heard of John Grinder, Richard Bandler, Milton Ericksson. Virginia Satir etc etc. The first book I read on NLP was Tony Robbins’ Awaken the giant within. Being trained as a lawyer and having mastered business administration this was a whole new world to me. And what a welcome surprise to find out more about how to communicate better, to understand oneself better and become understanding about people’s behaviour in general. I loved it, and haven’t gone off NLP anymore. Since NLP is not something you think about, it’s most of all about what you do… I do think I have brought NLP in my life but nowadays I’m not that conscious about it anymore.

Time to refresh and deepen my understanding of NLP. I would like to enhance my skills as a trainer, coach within our company ‘De Indiaan’ as I understand that the subconscious is the one who’s calling the shots, and to learn how to be more able to communicate from that perspective and realise permanent change for myself, and others who want to move forward in life. That’s what I like about life… to move forward, to grow and be part of other people’s journey.

Looking forward to meeting you all for our journey into NLP Premier Code,

All the best,
Rita

Posted: 28 February 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  28-02-2012

cool smile Hello All

I’m Jeet (Jeetender).  I am not only new to NLP but also new to blogging or threading or whatever this is called.  I hope i am doing it right.  I thought i was travelling far for this course from just outside Birmingham but after seeing how some of you are not only coming from a different counrty but also a different continent i feel very lucky being so close.

My background is property which i have done for many years now so i am looking for a new field and hoping to sharpen up my life and interaction skills.  I met Michael and Jack at the open evening a few weeks ago and both seem good guys. I’ve watched John Grinder on video and he does seem to know what he is talking about.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hope you all have a safe journey.

Jeet

[ Edited: 28 February 2012 04:39 PM by Jeet ]

Posted: 01 March 2012 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  27-02-2011

Hello Everyone,

I’m delighted to be coming on this course, not least because I was booked to come last year and had to drop out at the last minute. Having sampled the teaching of John Grinder and Carmen Bostic St. Clair on a 1 day intro I know this is going to be fantastic, and I’m looking forward immensely to working Michael Carroll too.

I can see already from your posts that we’re going to be an interesting group of people, I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and learning together over the 2 weeks.

My background; I work as a business consultant, project manager and sometimes trainer; mainly in the UK these days but previously across Europe as well. Originally from Hampshire in Southern England, I now live in Norwich in the East.

For me NLP has been an amazing discovery and I’m thrilled to be able to spend 2 weeks immersed in learning more.

See you soon,

Kevin

Posted: 02 March 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  02-03-2012

Hello everyone,

My name is Eric Athlan. I was born in France but Montreal, Canada is what I call «Home». I make a living teaching Biochemistry, and my interests/hobbies include raising the cutest little girl in the world with my wife, music (with a nod to folk and blues guitar), martial arts, Indian food, hiking, cycling, chocolate, books, and NLP in most of its scopes, in an order that varies according to mood and circumstances.

I’ve done too much reading on NLP and not enough practicing and I’m looking forward to learning it right from the horse’s mouth, so to speak wink.

Having shoveled a lot of snow lately, I’m looking forward to the rain, drivers that use the wrong side fo the road, excellent curries, and unfathomable english accents.

See you all soon,

Eric

Posted: 02 March 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  02-03-2012

Hello all,

My name is Alexander Kalyuzhny, I was born and spent most of my life in Russia, apart from 1 year of education in France/Singapore in 2009 and 1 year in the UK where I have been working as a banker until I was made redundant a couple of weeks ago.

I like traveling and meeting new people. I don’t have any specific hobbies apart from collecting music and doing sports (swimming, martial arts and badminton). And in general work takes most of my life and I have little time for anything else.

I took the class because I heard many times about NLP from various people which made me quite curious about it. My mother is a certified psychologist in Russia and she was one of the people to recommend NLP as well, although hasn’t studied it herself. One of her friends advised me in turn to take classes in your school in particular, which very well coincided with the current period when I have a lot of free time, so I decided to go for it. From the practical point of view I want to improve communication skills, which I hope could help in my further career in financial services sales, as well as in general understanding people better and being more convincing/able to get what you need out of people around you.

I hope my Russian accent doesn’t disturb classmates much grin I tried to improve my pronunciation a bit and learn from Englishmen/Americans during the times abroad, so hope it’s better than average rough sounding Russian accent)

Look forward to meeting you and the classes,

Kind regards,
Alex

[ Edited: 03 March 2012 01:48 AM by alexanderk ]

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed