NLP Academy Forums

New code and improved motor skills
Posted: 19 September 2010 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  29-01-2010

I tried something out today. I was at the park with my wife and daughter, Emily, who is 8.

We were trying to cross one of those wooden beam things which are about 16 feet long and on a pivot at each end. As you attempt to walk along it it rocks on it’s pivots. It was about 6 inches off the ground.

Emily managed to get across very slowly. Me and the wife failed miserably (I ended up with dirt all down my back as I fell heavily!). I then thought of modelling.
I watched Emily again, but this time with fovial vision, mirroring her breathing. Unbelievably I crossed the beam on my next try! It felt surreal, as if I was in a trance state.

I suggested to my wife, Janine, that I play a new code game to see if it would help her. She wasn’t up for that but Emily was. So I got her to play the NASA game. As soon as I felt she was in state I took her to the beam…she ran along it at a rate of knots! It was amazing to watch!
But what was really amazing was my wife went straight after Emily and also crossed it successfully! I believe it was because she was unconsciously micro muscle mirroring Emily while she was playing the game and had got herself in a high performance state.

Does anyone out there have any experience of new code games enhancing motor skills in any other contexts; I would be interested to hear about it?

[ Edited: 19 September 2010 06:39 PM by Phil ]
 Signature 

The Weight Loss Coach
http://Www.nlpweightlosscoach.net

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 13 December 2011 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-12-2011

Hi Phil,

I’m doing some dissertation research around this general area - looking at the role of bilateral movement exercises (such as New Code Games, Brain Gym, Juggling, etc) in improving joint hemispheric activation and in improving mental health. When I’ve completed my review of the literature I’ll send you any information I’ve gleened. 

I have come across some studies for the positive effects of juggling on anxiety, enhanced performance, etc that would seem to suggest a useful correlation between bilateral movements and improved performance which could be extrapolated to NC games…

Gareth

Posted: 14 December 2011 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  29-01-2010

Hi Gareth,
Thanks for that.
As a suggestion have you looked at the work of Bruce Lipton and Rob Williams?
Rob has come up with PSYCH-K. I went on a two day course a month or so ago and there is a lot of Brain Gym stuff and kinestheology involved and it is used as a quick and simple way to break limiting beliefs. I have had some positive results using this method.
It may help with your work. If you would like to learn more, Mary Trenfield is one of only two trainers in the UK (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) or google Bruce and Rob.
Good luck with the dissertation.
Phil

(by the way I just finished a modelling project where I modelled a juggler and found it to be an incredibly quick way to achieve a flow state, coupled with the fact that just by picking up the balls after I had integrated it anchored me straight to that state. If you would like to talk to me about it if you feel I can help you in any way, just give me a call).

[ Edited: 14 December 2011 09:47 AM by Phil ]
 Signature 

The Weight Loss Coach
http://Www.nlpweightlosscoach.net

Posted: 26 December 2011 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-12-2011

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response and I’ll look into the references you’ve provided and thanks for the offers of help.

All the best,

Gareth

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed