NLP Academy Forums

A new code experimenter
Posted: 06 April 2014 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  27-03-2014

Hi
I have not been on any NLP courses, and do not wish to become a coach, but I have read many books and am interested in personal development and experimentation.
I have written a little program to play the colours new code game. It just displays a random word colour in a random colour with a 4 beat visual indicator to provide the rhythm.
Using it, I can quickly enter a high performance state. I know this because:
1) time seems to slow down; I have to deliberately slow my movements down to keep in time with the timing bars shown by my program.
2) I start to see some of the letters/words backwards.
3) I become aware of my own movement in reflective surfaces around the room using my peripheral vision.
I would like to anchor the state but I guess that as soon as I am consciously aware that I am in the state, by definition, I am probably already out of it!
My question is how can I use this now for my own benifit?

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 22 May 2014 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

Can you explain a little more about the process, it sounds intriguing!

In terms of benefits there are so many to choose from, are you aware of the new code change format?

Jack

Posted: 22 May 2014 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  27-03-2014

The game format is as described here.  I’ve just automated it with random colours, and added timing bars, rather than reading from the same chart.

I’m not able to find much written information about the new code change format; perhaps you could advise of appropriate books?  I am aware that it is generally a two person process which doesn’t help me much as a lone experimenter.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed