NLP Academy Forums

NLP Premier Practitioner 2013
Posted: 18 February 2013 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Greetings to everyone involved in the March NLP Premier Practitioner training. I am really looking forward to the course. This course is a truly international experience with people from all over the world attending.

The course is called NLP Premier Practitioner for several reasons. Several years ago we (John, Carmen and myself) wanted to create a course that updated models from classic code of NLP in a way that fits with New Code NLP. We also redesigned several delivery variables. We called it the NLP Premier Practitioner because it was the first time we had done it this way and we figured it was the premier of NLP courses in the business. The results have been amazing, John Grinder says he loves teaching this format and has met some of the best groups he has ever worked with at the Academy.

It’s now 2013, a new experience will unfold and you are part of that experience. I refuse to be complacent and rest on our previous successes, we will once again raise our game. We can make it OUR job to create a superb experience for the Premier Practitioner course 2013. After all exceptional people get exceptional results.

As away of getting to know each other, it would be a good idea if you upload a picture here. You can also post a bit about yourself in this thread. Some suggestions are below

a/ your name, if different from your user name
b/ where you are from
c/ what you do in life (hobbies, career, etc)
d/ your outcomes from being on the course

You are also welcome to ask me any questions relevant to the course

All the best

Michael

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 19 February 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  19-02-2013

Hello Michael, Hello everyone,

What a lovely idea to start this thread.

I am Kate Coe from Suffolk, UK. I was born in Russia and moved to UK 12 years ago. I absolutely love it here. This country became my true home and I am so grateful for everything it did, does and will do for me!

Last two years of my life I dedicated to self-development and what a great decision that was. As a result of that I became much happier person, have gained an EFT and NLP Practitioner qualifications, started writing a book, met wonderful people, the whole world opened up in front of me…

I am a very creative person and love making things. I have been designing and making clothes since age of 14, later on it became my profession and I worked for quite a few years in fashion business. I also like DIY and give me a chance, I will build a house. Back in Russia I was running a Photo and Design studio and Model School/Agency. When I moved to UK, I became freelance photographer and graphic and web designer. I still do some work along these lines. One other very important part of me is art. I absolutely love painting; you can see my work on my website http://www.katecoe.co.uk

Years, years ago I gained MA in Teaching and Geography. I worked as a teacher for 10 years, but never worked as a geographer, apart from traveling all over the world. Coincidently, at last, I may use my geography skills in NLP – they say “The map is not the territory”  Well, there were lots of maps and lots of territories on my Geography course in Uni.

At the moment I live in the rural area and this makes it easy for me to keep pets. We have an adorable Tibetan terrier pooch, two wonderful cats, one cute rescued goose and 6 inquisitive ducks.

The other thing I can say about myself is that I love cars and exciting experiences such as track days, rally driving,  scuba diving,  seguay racing, gliding etc.… parachute jumping is still on the list though.

I am really looking forward to this NLP Premier Practitioner course in March. I am expecting to meet wonderful people, learn more about NLP and myself, gain insights and have lots of fun wink

Many Thanks to Carmen, Michael, John, course participants and all others involved for giving me this opportunity.

See you all very soon,
All the Best,
Kate x

[ Edited: 19 February 2013 09:30 PM by Kate Coe ]

Posted: 21 February 2013 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Hi Kate,

Thank you for posting here, I am looking forward to meeting you at the course. You sound like you live a full life with lots of activities.

See you soon

Regards

Michael

Posted: 24 February 2013 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  24-02-2013

Hi Everybody

My name is Amina Virji, I was born and raised in London and now live in Dubai so I’m very excited to come back to the UK for a couple of weeks, do an amazing NLP course and see my family and friends!

A bit about me… I came to Dubai a couple of years ago on a holiday to visit my brother, before that I had been living in Sydney for two years, I had just moved back to London and was finding it tough to find a design job in London. I sent out my graphic design portfolio to a few agencies in Dubai and within a week I had a job offer, so I went home for a weekend to get my stuff and I’ve now been living in Dubai for nearly two years.

About a year ago I was having a conversation with a friend of my Dads about what really interests me in life and he pointed me in the direction of NLP (which I had never heard of).
After doing a bit of googling I found a great NLP trainer in Dubai but the next NLP training was not for a few months, however she was starting a hypnotherapy training the following weekend. All I really knew about hypnosis was what I had seen of Paul McKenna on TV but I was curious and decided to do the course. It was four weekends long and I haven’t looked back.. I eventually quit my graphic design job and have been working as a hypnotherapist for the last few months. 

I love what I do now, so far I have had a lot of smoking and weight loss clients as well a lot of people with stress and phobias. My website is http://www.hypnotherapydubai.ae  its still a bit basic but I’m working on it!

I went to the National Guild of Hypnotists conference in Boston in August this year and met and learned from some amazing hypnotists, one course I did at the conference which particularly stands out was in past life regression, I saw a lot of people seemingly going into past lives.. I haven’t had any personal experience of this and am not sure what I make of it but it is definitely an area of intrigue.

Recently I have been learning about birthing hypnosis. I had my first birthing client a couple of weeks ago and our sessions went very well, I’m looking forward to doing the full hypnobirthing training later this year. I have also just started an online course in treating depression with hypnosis from Uncommon Knowledge. I think depression is something which is affecting more and more people and I do not believe that drugs are the answer. This is an area which I would really like to work in so am learning all that I can about it. 
I am really interested in helping people to overcome obstacles in their lives and see and use their strengths and be the best possible version of themselves.

I’m very excited about doing this course and really look forward to meeting everyone!

See you soon

Amina

Image Attachments
Amina Pic.jpg

Posted: 25 February 2013 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

Hello everyone,

My name is Jack and I’m one of the NLP Academy team. I’ve been working with the NLP Academy for a number of years now and I’m one of the NLPA Trainers/coaches as well as my day to day role heading the Clients services and marketing departments.
I love to work with others particularly in the area of health and fitness; I love my football, martial arts, gym work and extreme racing events such as Tough mudder, apart from exercise I love nothing better than a good film and fine dining!

My outcomes as ever is to support the course, be a resource for everyone involved related to what you’re learning at the course for others and yourself. I’m looking forward to meeting you all in six short days and be ready for the start of a great journey.

Warm Regards,

Jack

Posted: 25 February 2013 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  19-02-2013

Hello, i’m very much looking forward to the course. I last attended an NLP course 13 years ago with Bandler, McKenner and Breen, which was life changing.
I am a neuro physiotherapist working with young people with head injuries/stroke etc. After my last course I was amazed how much i was able to utilise my new skills. I particularly became interested in sensory input (both conscious and unconscious) and how much this influenced people in regaining movement. My new found NLP skills gave me the ability to maximise and reorganise my patient’s input to gain physical output. I am excited to discover where this course will take me in exploring my professional and personal life.
I am also a wife and mother, often ‘doing’ rather than ‘being’ and I look forward to reenergising myself into experiencing life in new ways, meeting interesting people and opening new possibilities

Posted: 27 February 2013 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  27-02-2013

Hi Michael /All,

I last studied with the Academy back in 2004 and 05 on Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner. It was an awesome time and I took away many skills particularly around communication which I used professionally and in my personal life. The last few years have been challenging in The City and I have allowed the work / life balance to blur significantly. Some days it’s felt like groundhog day walking the same path at the same time and doing the same things.

My partner and I are fortunate enough to have some savings that have enabled us to jack the jobs for a while and will shortly be travelling to Oz to see some friends. When we decided this, I decided straight away that I wanted to do some training and have other experiences and was delighted that this course fitted perfectly in our plans.

Really looking forward to seeing you again Michael (I can’t believe it’s been 8 years this summer) and looking forward to meeting the rest of the group.

See you all on Sunday,

Andy P

Posted: 27 February 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  27-02-2013

Hello everybody

My name is Beat, a typical swiss name which has nothing to do with the meaning of the english word beat but stems from the latin word beatus. I was born and live in switzerland.
Until now i have had no education or experience with NLP at all but some time ago i started to become more and more curious about it and started to check some literature.
I work as a psychiatric nurse. After ten years of working in a psychiatric hospital, about two years ago i decided to move to another city and start to work as a freelancer outside of the hospital in psychiatric home care to visit people at their homes. i built my website, dit some flyers, stepped in to it and started very well here. the envoirement of the new city i chose to live in turned out to be perfect to do this job, which makes me very happy. i.e. there were collegues doing the same thing here, they started to support and integrate me immediatly.

Of course from time to time i want to learn something new for my personal growth and for my work with my clients and this time with surfing arround in the internet i discovered that the founders of nlp are still teaching. i finally found this course here and thinking about the opportunity to learn from Michael Carroll, John Grinder and Carmen Bostic St. Claire was exciting to me. This will be my first educational event overseas, so i took together all my courrage and did the registration. Now i’m really looking forward to it.
My goal is to learn something about personal requirements and skills to get better results in helping people (including my self) to make changes and to integrate this into my daily live and into my work as a nurse.

see you soon in croydon

kind regards

beat

Posted: 28 February 2013 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  31-10-2012

Hello everyone

I am very much looking forward to the course and cannot belive it starts on Sunday!

I am new to the world of NLP but have always harboured a curiousity of psychology and actually got introduced to NLP when I wanted some help with my fear of examinations a couple of years ago. Some months later my manager went to see another hypnotherapist who used NLP techniques and he cured her addiction to diet coke. Through both of these avenues I started to realise how powerful this subject could be. I began reading more about the subject and whilst looking through the internet one rainy Sunday I came accross this course and hesitated briefly….. but then booked myself on it!

I currently work in Human Resources in Financial Services in Birmingham but I have often felt that it is not really my calling careerwise. However I am not entirely sure what I want to to do in my career. I think this course will broaden my horizons, open my mind and give me a different perspective on myself but also on others.

I have been really interested reading your stories so far and you sound like a very varied and very interesting bunch of people. I am looking forward to meeting you all and spending two very intensive (eek!) weeks with you.

Sara
x

Posted: 01 March 2013 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  20-02-2013

Hey all I’m James, I live in Glastonbury in somerset.

So a bit about me, I started coaching part time many years ago, I found that it became a passion and not a way to pay the bills. It all started for me with ADD coaching as it is some thing close to my heart. Recently I have put together a program and wish to put into the school system at year nine, it is designed to give an understanding of direction and understanding of the self at a young age. I expanded on this program to write a short handbook on getting what you want out out of life.
After studying personal and business development one finds the self at a point where having training in NLP becomes a must, this is where we meet.

I wish I could say coaching is my full time job but as yet I haven’t been able to take that step, so for the summer season I work in fields at festivals, trust me there are many perks to this job. Last year and this year I have been working in the areas of Glamping/VIP camping, Which translates to putting up teepees and yurts, and having a lot of fun. Did I mention I get paid to do that, lol I know.

My passion is problem solving and turning weakness into strength, I guess this is why I started coaching. Sunday morning at 08:30 just saying makes me think about my hour commute, anyhow see you all then.

James ;-p

Image Attachments
image.jpg

Posted: 10 August 2014 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  10-08-2014

....Episode 5: superego and the ego ideal: let’s see how each of us in his own self-image, very important to understand this because it’s self-image that lets you start a project without end, start a diet without complete, start a book without end, makes you nervous or calm, trust or not, quit smoking and come back, start a relationship and did not finish .....

http://nlpfreetraining.blogspot.com/2014/08/episode-1-overview-of-program.html

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed