NLP Academy Forums

NLP Self-hypnosis in foreign language
Posted: 27 October 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  27-10-2012

Hi there,

I´m facing some problems related to shyness and social phobia and low self-confidence.

Im interested in using some NLP self-hypnosis programs with the help of some audio cds in in order to fight my self-consciousness issue, which I believe is one of the main causes of my fears and inibitions.

However I have a simple question. Does NLP-based hypnosis has the same efficiency in a language that is not my mother language? Will it work my subconscious with the same results? I ask this because Im from Portugal and my mother language is portuguese, but I completely understand the English language though.. The audio cds I have are in english. Will it work the same way?

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 07 November 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

Language proficiency is an unconscious process, this is precisely what NLP and Hypnosis change work focuses on. SO yes it would support you in learning in terms of modelling native speakers in the same way you learned your first language. Hypnosis will also help you block out any internal dialogue and get into a effective high performance learning state.

Great thread.

Jack

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

‹‹ Bad Habits      Any technique for PE? ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed