NLP Academy Forums

New Code day with John and Carmen
Posted: 17 March 2010 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  29-01-2010

Thanks to all at the Academy for a really interesting day. It was great to be able to get up close and personal with the co- founder of this amazing subject.

A strange thing , though. on the day I took part in the Alphabet game and, because the game wasn’t new to me, I imagined a mild state of melancholia as a state I would like to change. (I don’t suffer from this but did about 15 years ago as I was going through a divorce so was able to conjure up the feeling). I thought it would be safe to pick this as I really only wanted to go through the motions for my partner on the day to practice on me.

Since then, though, I have been feeling quite low in myself for no apparent reason. Has anyone ever heard of the Alphabet game actually intensifying a state rather than reducing it? Maybe it dug up old feelings that I thought were dead and buried, who knows?
Maybe my partner wasn’t as accomplished a practitioner as he thought he was?

Maybe it was nothing to do with the game and I was just sad to leave such a great day in a beautiful location with interesting people behind!
Thanks once again.

Signature 

The Weight Loss Coach
http://Www.nlpweightlosscoach.net

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 13 April 2010 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

Hi Phil I’m glad you enjoyed he day.
You said ” has anyone heard of the Alphabet game intensifying a state rather than reducing it?”

What do you mean specifically intensifying a State?

The Alphabets games intention is to get you into a high performance state. Whilst playing the game you are not in the original context.

After you have reached the high performance state you go back into the context.

A high performance state is quiet easy to caliberate, as performance will be quicker throughout the different conditions in the game which get gradually harder as you know.

A reduced state is also very easy to calliberate as the subject will be hopeless throughout the game and will make no progress whilst doing the game I.e quicker response time, being able to go backwards, moving legs as well as arms.

Does this answer your questions about the State?

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed