NLP Academy Forums

Introduction to New Code NLP, 13th March 2010
Posted: 24 February 2010 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Greetings to all joining us for the Introduction to New Code of NLP, March 13th

NLP co-creator John Grinder recognised many years ago that for NLP to remain at the leading edge in training and creating change, it too must change. Like any discipline NLP needs to be constantly updated with new ideas. While so many NLP Trainers teach NLP courses that are stuck in Grinder’s thinking of thirty years ago, we at the NLP Academy are happy we at the leading edge of NLP ensuringour learners are exposed to new ideas ‘hot off the press’ from the Grinder/Bostic /Carroll creativity lab. This has led to the natural evolution of Classic and New Code NLP. I am glad you are joining the New Code adventure

The New Code Difference
The Classic Code is the patterning created by Grinder and Bandler through their 1970’s collaboration. The New Code story began around 1984, and is the patterning John Grinder began to create to with Judith Delozier and then continued to develop with Carmen Bostic St Clair. The original intention was to correct the coding flaws in the Classic Code and build in self congruency to the pattern design. Whilst the New Code story started in 1984, (making it not that new), the patterning is constantly being updated, with new processes being developed by John and Carmen as well as creative people, who, like me find the philosophy and potential of the New Code appealing.

The New Code emergence in Europe
I began to work with John and Carmen in 2002 after the publication of Whispering in the Wind. Up until this point, the people of Latin America had the most exposure to the New Code patterning. I made it one of my early intentions to make the New Code patterning widely available in Europe. At the time I thought much of the NLP on offer in the UK was either sterile conscious mind oriented (teaching out of date patterns) or the contrasting ‘pile em high’, ‘hype them up’ and teach them very little ‘conveyor belt’ approach.
The NLP Academy hosted the first New Code course with John and Carmen in 2003 which was a resounding success. The New Code of NLP has become the ‘must do’ in NLP since then.

I invite you to enage me, challenge me or ask me any quetsions you might have in the build up the Introduction to New NLP course

Regards

Michael Carroll

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 25 February 2010 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  25-02-2010

Hi Michael

What useful prep might we do prior to the day.

John

Posted: 25 February 2010 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  29-01-2010

Hi Michael,
just out of interest, how many people are booked on this course?
I ask because I was recently looking at Richard Bandler’s website and he has upwards of 50 people at his trainings.
On being questioned about the value of such training he felt that there was great benefit in practising on a greater variety of people.
I wonder what your view is on this?

[ Edited: 25 February 2010 03:29 PM by Phil ]
 Signature 

The Weight Loss Coach
http://Www.nlpweightlosscoach.net

Posted: 25 February 2010 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  01-10-2009

Hi Phil

Both co-creators of NLP attract large numbers of people on their courses. For this introduction to New Code NLP we are expecting over a 100 people.

When I run a Practitioner course, I like about 30 - 40 in the group. This gives a decent cross section of people to work with yet the class still has an intimate feel.

Hi John

There are no real preparation requirements for this course. If anything put your Classic and New Code experience to one side and come with fresh eyes and ears. Act as if you are an NLP virgin. After the course you can compare what you learn on the day with what you already knew

Best wishes

Michael

Posted: 25 February 2010 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  25-02-2010

Thanks Michael

Any advise for modelling a virgin?

John

Posted: 25 February 2010 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  01-10-2009

Any advise for modelling a virgin?

Not in this town smile

Seriously, step into the shoes of someone you know who is naive to NLP but has a curious mind

Or, go right back to before you knew anything about NLP and hold that mind set for the course.

Michael

Posted: 25 February 2010 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  25-02-2010

Ta,

John

Posted: 28 February 2010 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  28-02-2010

I’m really looking forward to this.

Is anyone else planning to stay overnight Friday at the Selsdon Park Hotel?

Regards,

Kevin

Posted: 01 March 2010 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  01-10-2009

I am looking forward to it as well Kevin.

I am sure there are quite a few people staying over.

Michael

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed