NLP Academy Forums

My late introduction : John Lee
Posted: 19 January 2010 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-01-2010

Hello fellow NLPers my name is John lee pleasure to meet all of you, i just completed all three modules of training at the NLP academy last year in 2009, I am coming back this March to help out on this years practitioners. NLP has enriched my life in so many different ways and continues to as we speak. I am currently starting my NLP business down here in south florida, alot of hustling and networking is finally paying off, and i was curious.. im sure manny of you have alot of business experience with NLP and doing work with clients, and so I just got a client who is my first smoker and wants to quite, i haven’t yet worked with smoking this will be my first time. So I was curious from any of you who have succeeded with smoking or primarily work with smoking what have you done or do that consistently get results, i have a few things in mind already, but i would love to hear any idea or any advice you have to offer

Thanks John

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 23 January 2010 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Hi John
Great to see you here,  I am looking forward to seeing you again in March.

Well done on your first smoking client. Here are some tips.
1/ Find the biggest motivation factor the client wanting to give up. It has to be something they really value like long life to enjoy their kids, in some cases it’s their looks. Build strong associations and anchor. You will be using this a lot in the process.
2/ Get the client to complete a smoking diary for at least a week, preferably two weeks before the course. In the diary the smoker logs every cigarette he/she has with the, the trigger, the perceived intention i.e relaxation etc and the actual effect. This usually has the effect of drawing to the smoker’s attention that the actual effects of each cigarette as well as the triggers.

3/ Identify when the client assumed the identity of a smoker, this is not necessarily the time they had their first cigarette. It could be when they identified with friends or parents when smoking. This will lead into step three. Do some timeline if appropriate.

4/ Indentify their smoking self (part) its intentions, behaviours, establish when it was created. Get them to acknowledge this is way out of date with their current life style.

5/ Do parts integration with healthy part or some form of negotiation so the smoking ‘self’  ceases to operate

6/ Work with the triggers and cravings using hypnosis

7/Build a smoke free future layering what you have elicited in step one. Create self anchor for future.

Hope the above helps

Michael Carroll

copyright: Michael Carroll

Posted: 26 January 2010 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-01-2010

Hey Michael thanks alot that was vary helpful, will be sure to post my results when done. Cant wait tull march

Thanks for all the support

John Lee

Posted: 31 January 2010 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  20-09-2009

Hi Everyone,
I have enjoyed reading the thread and the suggestions given.

Looking at it again tonight, I wondered what happens if the perceived intention (say, relaxation) is the actual outcome of the cigarette, they relax by smoking. I understand the unconscious could then be asked to generate alternative ways to relax without the client or practitioner needing to know what the alternatives are. Suppose the unconscious chooses something like alcohol, chocolate cake, illegal/prescription drugs etc. without anyone’s knowledge.

How can the situation be prevented where the client returns, say, in a year or more - “I no longer smoke, but I’m now morbidly obese/addicted to drugs/alcohol etc, can you help me?”  ?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed