NLP Academy Forums

1 of 2
Working with unconscious signals
Posted: 09 November 2009 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  09-10-2009

I have just been watching Grinders introduction to trainers training and wondered what people’s experiences/successes are in working with UC signals - N step reframe. The reason I ask is because it is one of the areas I can practice to my hearts content while I develop other areas. In fact it is the main area I practice with myself and my friends while I can get to better training and quality practice groups which can provide feedback on my performance e.g calibration for new code games. I’ll go first with some of mine:

1) A friend had had a headache for three weeks. N step reframe and it went
2) A friend did not know whether to continue seeing someone but her unconscious said yes and it was a good decision
3) A friend had an issue with shyness especially when it came to women (none of this speed seduction I hasten to add). N step reframe and he asked his personal trainer to come out on his thirtieth birthday - she said yes. Now I have known him for 13 years, he has never done anything like that before. The whole process took approximately 4 minutes
4) I was going to go abroad next year. Some UC detective work and a master prac was a better idea
5) I am close to shifting a veruca I have had for ages but that is work in progress
6) When I was anxious the other night I did some UC work and channeled the anxiety into some other state which then saw me being more alert playing cards paying attention in a way I hadn’t previously
7) Now this one didn’t work but its amusing. I was in a chip shop and couldn’t remember whether my friend liked a battered sausage or a normal sausage. My UC went for a normal sausage - it was wrong. She likes a battered sausage (puns ahoy smile )

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 17 November 2009 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  22-09-2009
Alistair_Donnell - 09 November 2009 10:27 PM

I have just been watching Grinders introduction to trainers training and wondered what people’s experiences/successes are in working with UC signals - N step reframe.

Similar to yours Alistair, self application falls, very roughly, into the following sorts of categories:
- Pain control (lots of this over the last 3 years or so)
- Getting commitment and support for lifestyle changes
- Finding things I’ve lost

I’ve noticed that for pain control, which is something I’ve probably done most of in self application (not that I’m a physical wreck by any stretch but I seem to be picking up more niggles as I approach the end of my 30’s), that the process is pretty much automated now and I just have to do the mental equivalent of giving my unconscious the ‘nod’ - unless I have to aid a healing process with conscious activity somehow in which case more dialogue is necessary.

The lifestyle changes are interesting as they are fairly big picture loosely defined, but I am increasingly getting more noticeable signals when I’m about to make decisions (which will impact on my big picture goals).

Finding things I’ve ‘lost’ is a bit of fun which started many many years ago but most notably a couple of years ago when I lost something I urgently needed and my unconscious was telling me exactly where it was.

As for application with clients, I do a little formally with the N-Step but not as much as I’d like to. I’ve been speaking to someone else who has some interesting experience using it covertly - using stories and quotes to elicit signals. I intend to practice this over the next few months.

Posted: 17 November 2009 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Alistair

It seems like you are developing a very good communication system between your conscious and unconscious mind, well done! The great thing about such a communication system is the more you practice the better you get so even battered sausages will be easy to remember.

Michael

Posted: 18 November 2009 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009
toby - 17 November 2009 12:47 AM
Alistair_Donnell - 09 November 2009 10:27 PM

I have just been watching Grinders introduction to trainers training and wondered what people’s experiences/successes are in working with UC signals - N step reframe.

Similar to yours Alistair, self application falls, very roughly, into the following sorts of categories:
- Pain control (lots of this over the last 3 years or so)
- Getting commitment and support for lifestyle changes
- Finding things I’ve lost

I’ve noticed that for pain control, which is something I’ve probably done most of in self application (not that I’m a physical wreck by any stretch but I seem to be picking up more niggles as I approach the end of my 30’s), that the process is pretty much automated now and I just have to do the mental equivalent of giving my unconscious the ‘nod’ - unless I have to aid a healing process with conscious activity somehow in which case more dialogue is necessary.

The lifestyle changes are interesting as they are fairly big picture loosely defined, but I am increasingly getting more noticeable signals when I’m about to make decisions (which will impact on my big picture goals).

Finding things I’ve ‘lost’ is a bit of fun which started many many years ago but most notably a couple of years ago when I lost something I urgently needed and my unconscious was telling me exactly where it was.

As for application with clients, I do a little formally with the N-Step but not as much as I’d like to. I’ve been speaking to someone else who has some interesting experience using it covertly - using stories and quotes to elicit signals. I intend to practice this over the next few months.

Interesting stuff Toby, thanks for the response. Would you mind if I asked in what ways you would like to do N-step as much as you would like to? No worries if you do not wish to share its just I would like to hear from others experiences that use UC signals in an explicit way. Its interesting you mentioned covert communication because this is something I am aspiring to. At the moment I am thinking the less chance a client or friend has to start imposing content the better. The removal of language for me allows a more “just do it” kind of way rather than “thinking” kind of way. I’m so surprised I have gone full circle on this because it came so naturally to me in a way I just thought. Is that it? Naah thats far too easy but its only when I looked back I realised my word actually this really is quite profound

Posted: 18 November 2009 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009
Michael Carroll - 17 November 2009 04:26 PM

Alistair

It seems like you are developing a very good communication system between your conscious and unconscious mind, well done! The great thing about such a communication system is the more you practice the better you get so even battered sausages will be easy to remember.

Michael

Thanks Michael. Its interesting to hear the communication gets better with practice, I have definitely noticed nuances of difference as time goes on

Posted: 28 November 2009 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  01-10-2009

Hello again, how are your signals coming along?

Michael

Posted: 03 December 2009 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Hi Michael thanks for replying. They are coming along beautifully. I have had a refresher on the doctor within so given my highly amusing current veruca project thought I might see if that had any signals… OMG it did!!!!! Talk about the theatre of the absurd. Never in my life did I conceive I could communicate with a bloody veruca its absolutely mental! Thing is for me regarding this stuff is that my belief style is still kicking in saying “your off your head mate”. It can’t and is not winning because direct experience is proving otherwise. I haven’t explored it fully yet because I was quite shocked and have had a lot on over the past two weeks. I will though and will report back smile

Posted: 04 December 2009 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  01-10-2009

Good news Alistair,

Now you have communication have you negotiated a healing frame?

Michael

Posted: 04 December 2009 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Hi Michael not yet. I was a bit spooked full stop when I did it so wanted to wait until this past couple of hectic weeks had died down. It was a big enough deal hearing things I didn’t want to hear from my original signals so I am preparing myself for the next step!!

Posted: 05 December 2009 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Thanks Suzy. My signals are really clear. I can get them easily with other people as well, not sure why, its definitely not down to any form of suggestion because I haven’t learnt that stuff properly yet. One thing I noticed though when I was on another New code course was that I could get them for one lady but when she tried herself - nothing. The unconscious wouldn’t play ball at all so to speak. It wouldn’t take responsibility for the change either. After that she identified consciously what the issue might be and lo and behold it then started to play ball so she could then communicate with her unconscious herself. Totally mad totally bonkers but I love it!!! Not sure if I went off on one there but people do have difficulty getting them at first and its almost like metaphorically the trust isn’t there. Are you having trouble getting yours?

Posted: 05 December 2009 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  20-09-2009

Hi Alistair

I also have enjoyed your posts, and will follow veruca progress.

I still have trouble getting mine although got it once during ‘healer within’. There is the question of how to progress when the trust isn’t there.

Posted: 07 December 2009 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Has anyone had any joy with practice groups? Suzy I notice you have been trying to put one together, are you having any joy? The reason I ask is because now I have been lucky enough to have a second New code practitioner training I have a really good handle on the basics - UC signals, doctor within and the new code games. I do not know any of the fancier stuff but I am confident now that I can practice the basics without forming any bad habits. There seems to be a lot of hot air being blown around regarding New code so rather than sitting at a computer debating I am keen to get out doing - let the results speak for themselves. I do not mind travelling for even a one to one practice the only thing I would request is going halfs on the travel if it is one to one. I am not proclaiming to be any authority, far from it but I am confident in what I do know and am also more than aware of limitations beyond the basics which I do not mind admitting to. Practising coaching with each other is win-win for me. Get the benefits of changing while getting the benefits of coaching as well. I have stuff I would like to work on but have no practitioners anywhere near me. So is anyone already meeting at a group? Would anyone like to meet up if they are not?

Sincerest apologies Njsc. Your contribution is way beyond what I can understand at the moment so given that it is difficult for me to engage in a useful discussion

Posted: 07 December 2009 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Nj you are funny. Problem is for you I have done the alphabet game specifically for the context of NLP forums. Needless to say states simply do not grab me like they used to…

Suzy I will pm you my e mail add

Posted: 08 December 2009 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  20-09-2009

I read the bs comment as a backhanded compliment, it can be taken in any way. nj I think, is here to be enjoyed, cabaret anyone?

Posted: 08 December 2009 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

I considered that but my anti arrogance alert kicked in. But maybe it was my non confidence filter that kicked in? Either way my mind reading/state/behaviour has got me in trouble more than once lately so I would rather play it safe for the time being and enjoy state management smile

Posted: 10 December 2009 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  20-09-2009

An interesting post, at least as much of it as I understood! I realise this was intended for experienced NLPers to discuss or whatever but not many at that level seem to post.

Could ‘media’ not be used interchangeably with parents, teachers, friends, partners, bosses, NLP trainers and all the other influences on us? Just taking media alone, it isn’t possible to live in our society without some exposure to media so how do we get around its effects, assuming they are accurately described? I’d also be very interested to know what brings nj to those conclusions?

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed