NLP Academy Forums

Unconscious decision making
Posted: 13 October 2009 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  09-10-2009

I am stuck between two choices of what to do next year. One is to go on a working holiday somewhere hot. The other is to use the money for an NLP course. Does anyone know how I would go about using my UC signals to help me with a decision?

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 22 October 2009 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Hi Suzy thanks for replying I’m truly stuck on this choice. I am trying to master UC signals at the moment with myself and with my friends. It holds all the information beyond of what I am conscious of and then some. There is positive intent for both options I just can’t quite figure out how to use yes/no to feel which is more important - short term satisfaction going on a long holiday or personal/career development in the form of a master prac or other advanced course :/ I like the idea of what I would ask my client - I’ll give that a go, thanks Suzy

Posted: 23 October 2009 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

Well I’ve just tried it…

Now this is funny. Consciously I thought I “knew” there was positive intent on either choice but thought I would better check again…

First question “is there positive intent for going away?”

Answer “NO!” eh???

Second question “is there positive intent for doing a course?”

Answer “YES”

I’ve come across this before with my friend. He had a behaviour that had no positive intent. Stumped me then and this stumps me now. I’m confused because I thought there was positive intent for behaviours.

On a quick side if your not too squeamish I have had this veruca for ages. Bought some cream and started to apply but it just kept getting bigger. I asked my unconscious if I should apply any more - it said NO. I can’t quite remember healer within but thought I would give it a go from what I can remember. I asked if it had the resources to heal it said yes then went through the usual checks etc. I got in the bath tonight and noticed a lot of hard skin so I asked if it had gone it said NO. As I was getting in the bath thought I would take the hard skin off so it could soak and I could apply more cream. I forgot about the cream but have just asked it if it has gone and it cycled through yes/no. Then asked can I consider it gone in the next two weeks - YES. Now that will be interesting…

Posted: 23 October 2009 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

I’ll definitely report back on my veruca its been the biggest test of my unconscious to date. As far as the signals go in my experience belief, or at least conscious belief hasn’t been a factor for me or my friends. I honestly thought Grinder had lost it when we did it on practitioner training and I can’t stress that enough in terms of being a non believer. My heart sank when everyone started trying to get them I thought it was ridiculous. I gave it a damn good go though and got them. I’ve done it with friends as well and got theirs. I’m not sure if you are supposed to leave people to get their own but when I tried that - nothing. I found when I took the rains as it were I could get them easily for people with no suggestion or any other tricks, pre amble nothing other than sometimes pacing sensory awareness and increasing kinaesthetic awareness. There’s an excellent video Michael has done demonstrating it. Its a truly bizarre and enlightening experience and one that serves me well. I have always felt I have had two minds, one that is “me” and one that causes me endless pain and worry. I know now the one that causes me endless pain and worry is my “conscious”. So, how do I feel about the outcome of the conversation? Still stumped by the positive intent of my conscious thought but just as I wrote that realised that was the problem. Quick check: “was going away the positive intent of my conscious thought?” YES. “will it serve my purpose?” NO. Very clear answers. Liberating. Truly liberating

[ Edited: 24 October 2009 12:57 AM by Alistair_Donnell ]

Posted: 23 October 2009 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  21-09-2009

Hi Alistair,

Have you considered multiplying your choices?

Dymitr

Posted: 24 October 2009 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009
dymitr - 23 October 2009 11:45 PM

Hi Alistair,

Have you considered multiplying your choices?

Dymitr

Hi Dymitr,

How specifically?

[ Edited: 24 October 2009 12:31 AM by Alistair_Donnell ]

Posted: 24 October 2009 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

What do you want to know?

Posted: 24 October 2009 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  09-10-2009

How specifically is it useful to multiply choice between short term gratification (which is apparently a NO) and long term career goal?

Posted: 24 October 2009 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009
Alistair_Donnell - 24 October 2009 12:35 PM

How specifically is it useful to multiply choice between short term gratification (which is apparently a NO) and long term career goal?

If you’ve got a clear answer and you don’t detect any doubts anymore about one of the options, it is fine, you do not have to multiply anything. However, if there is any doubt left you might want to look for other options until you accept one of them (or the initial one) entirely.
Anyway, good luck smile

Dymitr

Posted: 01 March 2010 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  28-02-2010

Hmmmm

There is also always the option of taking an NLP Training somewhere warm and beautiful!!!

*chuckle*

Renee

Posted: 01 March 2010 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

smile smile smile smile

‹‹ High IQ      Working with unconscious signals ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed