NLP Academy Forums

1 of 2
Where are we going?
Posted: 21 September 2009 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  20-09-2009

Hi everyone, 

Cool new look forums. I wondered what people’s thoughts are on where the forums should go from here.

Online NLP discussion forums seem to me less popular in recent times (with only one exception ) leaving many very quiet forums.

What are the outcomes and aims for this site, and what is it members and visitors actually want to see or gain ? What will be happening in 6 months time here (NOT ‘nothing’ ), and how do things get to that point ?

Hob

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 05 March 2010 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  21-09-2009

Hi Hobgoblin,

you asked me (‘group games’ thread): ‘Is there ever an end goal/situation or do you either/both of you not believe in that?’. I thought it would be fine if I continue here as this thread provides an optimal context for the topic.
You say ‘an end goal/situation’ in one breath. I declare total ignorance if we speak about an end goal. Goals change, come and go and they can be either connected with this forum or not – I don’t see a way of predicting it. But an end situation is something I look differently at. There has to be a point when you gather your results and judge them, whatever your goal has been. Otherwise you are never successful, you have no moment in which you can say (very generally speaking) ‘all right, I have achieved what I wanted’ or ‘I got somewhere else but I like it here’. And, if you haven’t, you can decide whether to continue previous direction or to move somewhere else.
Now, firstly, I would ask you whether you find my answer at all relevant. There has been some mind reading and I might have failed in the accuracy.
Secondly, your question made mi think of the formulation of an or the aim of this forum. I wonder what it could be like if we made the TOTE model explicitly present in it. Or if we simply decided that we do a test phase in a certain moment. Six months - it is going to be soon wink
Thirdly – and this is connected with your opening post here – what is that only long living NLP forum? Do you have any idea why?

Dymitr

[ Edited: 05 March 2010 10:37 AM by dymitr ]

Posted: 06 March 2010 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  20-09-2009

Hi Dymitr,

Yes, definitely relevant, your description of an end situation is really what I had in mind, and wrote badly. Can be related to this forum and bigger than that.

In this thread it was about this forum. Presence of TOTE model would be an interesting experiment, and how, jointly -  assuming everyone does an individual TOTE or something similar now? And liking the test phase, soon is good.

I said one seems to me more popular than others , more traffic-NLPC. No idea why it became popular , but famous name regulars, a close core group, allows anyone to advertise, allows all schools of thought(although regulars may not agree with what they present) and arguably permissive in not too many banned/action taken (eg. david huntingdon! and others). Whether any of that makes a forum more popular or long living I can’t say, and whether its a good idea depends on perspective.

A long living forum - alt.psychology.nlp, (not alt-psychology-nlp - lol) although less popular in more recent times. Don’t know why, lack of moderation but increased spam as a result. Do you know why, or have different a forum in mind?

best wishes, hob

Posted: 09 March 2010 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Thanks Hobgoblin - I will have a look
No I haven’t had any forum in mind. Would be really nice to figure out the source of their success and copy it.
If we speak of TOTE I would think of a different option, too. Maybe it would be enough if simply a sufficient critical number of people did it.
Still thinking how.
I’ll stay in touch.
All the best
Dymitr

Posted: 11 March 2010 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Hi Hobgoblin,

It appears to be good to have a comparison smile
I found alt.psychology.nlp. I haven’t detected anything worth copying but I haven’t done a thorough search, either.
I could not find NLPC, however. Could you send me a direct link?

Dymitr

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  20-09-2009

Sure, I abbreviated the name.

http://www.nlpconnections.com/forum.php

Posted: 13 March 2010 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Thanks for the link smile
I think - finally! - that the result of the test is obvious. It’s time for ‘operate’.
What do you think?

Posted: 17 March 2010 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Hi,

Michael, a long time has passed since we, so to speak, crossed our swords on the other thread. It occurred to me only today that I barely know the person I was talking to…
To quote Phil Connors from my favourite movie:
‘What do you want?’
‘What do you like?’
‘What do you think about?’
‘What kind of men are you interested in?’... no, maybe not that one wink
‘What do you do for fun?’
Anyway it would be interesting to talk to you and know more what kind of person you are - not only the facts like you being an nlp trainer working closely together with CBSC and JG and so on.
I think it is perfectly fine that you persisted in keeping your appearances here clean and professional but maybe, since you have been asked, you could make an exception…
I don’t insist on answering all the above questions nor would I be disappointed if you answered some not present here but in the same spirit. And the lack of answer would be understandable, too - I believe you could be kinda busy person…
Constantly warm greetings

Dymitr

Posted: 20 March 2010 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

And the last, maybe most important one:
How do you surprise yourself?
d

Posted: 27 March 2010 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  20-09-2009
dymitr - 13 March 2010 11:20 AM

It’s time for ‘operate’.

Agreed. And looking forward to michael’s answers grin

Posted: 01 April 2010 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Me too smile
Anyway, maybe there are some other ways to operate… Interesting

Posted: 11 May 2010 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Michael,
Have you observed a kind of anchoring present in this forum?
Dymitr

Posted: 15 May 2010 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  20-09-2009

Michael is not telling grin

Posted: 06 January 2011 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-01-2011

What do you do for fun?

Signature 

Puurteak Tuinmeubelen

Tennisbank.nl Tuinbanken

Posted: 06 January 2011 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  21-09-2009

Hi,
Jogging, making people speak while travelling by train or plane, discussing with a wise partner (and changing my opinion if appropriate - like it very much), watching movies online, reading fiction and sometimes scientific stuff, and last but not least, doing nothing smile
You?

Posted: 24 November 2011 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

smiling, laughing and playing smile

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed