NLP Academy Forums

Tourettes Syndrome
Posted: 04 March 2016 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-03-2016

Good evening
I was wondering if anyone had had any success treating people with tourettes syndrome and if so what you did

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 18 July 2016 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  18-07-2016
reikiant@googlemail.com - 04 March 2016 10:14 PM

Good evening
I was wondering if anyone had had any success treating people with tourettes syndrome and if so what you did

I have several times.

The behavior(s) were useful at some time in the person’s life, it has become a repeated habit, and it is a bit trickier to work with than things like phobias where there is a ‘trigger’, for example.

I recommend using the N-step reframe, and here is a link to Michael Carroll demonstrating this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPgykPFEV4U

If whatever process you’re doing isn’t working, and the other person is in full rapport and with what you’re directing , I highly suggest that the N-step frame is the best choice to go to.  (of course, I ALSO highly suggest you don’t rely on it as a crutch, I feel it’s a fallback pattern, keep expanding your capabilities without it…learning to calibrate to ‘just doing enough’ to assist with change is a skill and art in itself…using more patterns instead of one will lead you to more success)

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed