NLP Academy Forums

What is NLP?
Posted: 18 November 2010 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

In my work in advising and working with people with NLP, I often get asked the question “what is NLP”.

If you spoke to 20 practitioners and asked them what NLP is to them I am sure you would get 20 contrasting answers….... For me NLP is a communication and modeling technology that I can use for interventions with others and for myself. However I am sure other people will have different definitions or personal experiences with NLP

This leads me to my very ambiguous question what is NLP for you??

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 29 November 2010 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-11-2010

For me NLP is defined by many experts and practitioners as a set of skills and models that you can apply purposefully achieve results and goals they never thought possible.

Hope this helps smile

Posted: 29 November 2010 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  30-03-2010

Hi Ruben, great to have you with us smile

Nice distinction!!  Has NLP helped you in that way ?

JC

Posted: 14 April 2011 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  16-12-2009

Greetings from Cyprus! cool smile

For me, NLP is:

*All in the mind…
*Doing what I can do – but learning how to do it better!
*Modeling excellence (why reinvent the wheel?)
*Cutting through the self-imposed (conscious) bullshit and creating a creative partnership with the unconscious mind.
*Like Doctor Who’s Tardis: looks simple and straightforward on the outside, but once you open the thing up – it’s HUGE!!!!

Posted: 26 November 2011 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  20-12-2009

1-  please tell me what are neurological filters and what are linguistic filters ? ( is value neurological or linguistic for example ? what about other filters ) ????

Posted: 10 May 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  30-06-2010

I usually tell people it’s about changing the programs that we run all the time without realizing, programs that generate our behaviour and our filters, programs that are responsible for the thousands of unconscious level choices we make throughout the day….

Then you can point out something they are doing, but is outside their conscious awareness (ie, how they are moving their foot, or sitting), then shift their attention to something else… . Make it sound like you are giving examples of these programs in action - it builds credibility, rapport, adds to the understanding. And is a good lead-in to opening up the frame.

From there, we can move to explaining how the unconscious is always aware, communicating, monitoring what’s going on.

Doing that gets the attention of the unconscious very well. The unconscious mind likes attention. Especially when you say good things about it, like how well it’s done keeping the person alive, safe, bringing them in for change work, and how it’s always looking after their best interests (some people treat it with suspicion, it doesn’t like that… breaks unconscious rapport and locks out resources. Doing this little part can change all that….).

You can then open up the possibility frame for them, that change is possible, meant to happen, completely natural….

So now, they are primed for change work, and looking forward to it (especially if you are radiating enthusiasm, hope, care for them, and belief in them).

Combining explanation into “Setting the Frame” is always fun. smile. The change work should start the moment they come into sensory range…..

Signature 

Paul CR Harrison
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 18 June 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-06-2012

For me simply nlp are many instruments for self-help and for to help other people for to live a life of quality and for to reach our/their goals in the fast mode. Nlp is useful for to know yourself and to reach the happyness.

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  21-08-2012

To me NLP is a great and effective tool that I use to help me achieve an outcome, and thus removing any blocks, like habits or phobias. I also use it frequently to build rapport and improve my communication.

Posted: 16 October 2013 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  14-10-2013

Hello !

What i understand from NLP that it a technique to reprogram your neurology or majorly your brain as you want it to be.

Posted: 21 October 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  01-10-2009

Hello

You wrote - What i understand from NLP that it a technique to reprogram your neurology or majorly your brain as you want it to be-

Stick to neurology as it inclusive of the body where a lot of the change occurs, particularly New Code NLP. Once you major in on the brain, you are falling into the Descartes trap which initiated the mind/body split in medicine and science a split that has held us back for 300 years or so

Michael

Posted: 27 July 2014 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  27-07-2014

I’d like to answer this question with a video I made a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAq6NRZ9ta4

Posted: 01 September 2016 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  19-08-2016

NLP is about self-discovery, exploring identity and mission. It also provides a framework for understanding and relating to the ‘spiritual’ part of human experience that reaches beyond us as individuals to our family, community and global systems.

[ Edited: 02 September 2016 02:31 PM by David Smith ]

Posted: 26 September 2016 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  26-09-2016

Neuro Linguistic Programming is the study of how you think, speak and behave. t is a process of understanding our own selves by observing and understanding the world around us. You can differntiate NLPAs.

Neuro refers to the thinking patterns
Linguistic refers to the way we use language both inwardly to ourselves
Programming: The programs that we run are our strategies for getting results in all areas of our life and work

[ Edited: 26 September 2016 11:14 AM by anlp_in ]
 Signature 

David J. Lincoln
M. +91 98 2214 6435
E.  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
W. http://www.nlpindia.net | http://www.anlp.in

Posted: 20 January 2017 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  20-01-2017

NLP is an explicit and powerful model of human experience and communication. Using the principles of NLP it is possible to describe any human activity in a detailed wa that allows you to make many deep and lasting changes quickly and easily.

[ Edited: 20 January 2017 08:02 AM by Paritosh ]
 Signature 

Paritosh saran

Mob:-99664 00373
E-Mail:-contact@transhumanconsulting.com

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed