NLP Academy Forums

Inner Voice Help
Posted: 06 November 2014 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  06-11-2014

Hello, essentially I want to permanently change the sound of my inner voice. In my head, it sounds very high pitch and frantic and sounds like it is coming right out of the top of my head.

Does anyone know any NLP techniques that I can use to change how I hear my inner voice to something with more conviction and assertiveness? Whenever I notice my internal voice has become very high and rapid, I consciously slow it down and make it deeper and imagine the sound is resonating in my chest and neck- not coming out of the top of my head. However, It doesnt take long for my old annoying voice to come back.

I want to permanently change my inner voice so I dont have to consciously think about it. I am also currently doing things like relaxation, yoga and meditation to make myself more grounded. But I think that NLP has the potential to help me make this change by reframing my inner voice. I figured maybe something similar to the swish technique might work, but I would love to know what you guys think and how I could go about making this change. Regards, James smile

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

Posted: 18 August 2015 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  18-08-2015

Hello James,

I have just joined this forum.  While I have successfully used NLP for over 20 years to control my epilepsy, I am not up on all the terms and techniques, so please excuse me if I say something daft.

When you think of your Inner Voice, where do you locate it in your body?  You speak of it being so high and frantic that it feels like it might burst out of your head.  It seems to me that part of the problem may be where you are “locating” or “centering” yourself and hence what chakra is being over activated.  Your message also infers that you recognize that you have trouble grounding.  This too can be a problem of “locating” yourself at too high of a chakra (body system).  Consciousness can exist throughout the body, not just in the head.

Since you are already familiar with yoga, I’d recommend doing exercises to “re-centre” yourself lower in the body - ideally at the heart chakra or solar plexus.  As you move down through the chakras the vibration/voice should become lower.  As you practice this, you’ll find a comfortable place.  Once you find that place you can apply NLP techniques to remain there.  If the high pitch voice returns, remind yourself that it doesn’t belong there and move it down, like notes on a musical scale.

Want to join in with this discussion? Please Login or Register.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed